Monday, September 15, 2008

Halloween Prep

I am very excited for the upcoming holiday season. We're constantly coming up with new ideas we might like to start this year and turn into traditions. I absolutely loved going trick-o-treating and have been torn on how to do it with Jovie (since she is allergic to dairy and possibly yellow 5 and who knows what else exactly yet). So I thought maybe I would make home-made treats and after trick-o-treating she could exchange her candy for the candy I made. And my husband graciously offered to eat her candy she turned in, ha-ha. So I told my idea to Misty and she told me about the Halloween Witch! She comes in the night and takes their candy and leaves a toy. So that's what we're going to do and I am so excited to get to add another persona to my list...santa, easter bunny, tooth fairy and halloween witch!

Misty speaking now...(by the way, remind me not to let my 5 and 7 year olds read this blog.) Anyway, if your kids are older and not allergic to things... I keep the candy hidden and put it in lunches for several months. That way they don't gorge themselves and I have little treats on hand for lunch or random 'nice mommy' moments. :)

2 comments:

Pemberton Family said...

This is the cutest idea! I love it and it also means they will not gorge themselves on unhealthy food, less cavities, no weight problem yet they get a toy that they can play with and enjoy long after the candy is GONE!! You guys should really post your ideas on here more, because you all are sooo creative!

Devyn said...

That is a really cute idea. My mom should have done this for us kids, because by morning our candy was gone anyways.. dad always ate it. Which Im positive will happen with my kiddies too. So I really love the idea!!